22-26 October - Free online participation!
Two years ago, fall armyworm (FAW) arrived in Africa. What we have learned so far? What are effective strategies in reaching farmers across the continent? How effective have responses so far been? What are the long-term consequences of these responses? What innovative ideas might work better?
Find out and share your insights during the carbon-free e-conference on responding to the fall armyworm outbreak in Africa, from 22-26 October. Subscribe here to join daily sessions on various aspects of responding to the FAW outbreak in Africa and access an online platform to meet, share work and discuss with others. The e-conference and the online platform will result in a shared action agenda that everyone can contribute to.
Program summary, daily sessions from 13:00-14:30 GMT:
- 22 October: Fall armyworm identification and infestation
- 23 October: Monitoring FAW infestation across Africa
- 24 October: Effects of pesticide application in response to FAW
- 25 October: What has been tried so far? Integrated pest management and farmer field schools across Africa
- 26 October: What else can we try? Biocontrol, breeding and innovative solutions