Breeding Pipeline Workshop
Representatives from all CCRP regions and select breeding experts have gathered in Southern Africa to assess the strengths and weaknesses of CCRP-funded crop improvement programs, as broadly viewed with an AEI lens (including our understanding of germplasm, through recombination, selection and seed systems). Opportunities to improve breeding programs, including through collaboration with farmers and others through farmer research networks were discussed. A meeting dropbox folder contains supplemental workshop materials and literature.
- Group for on-going collaboration in crop improvement established
- Specific proposals for changes to projects that meeting participants will take back to the rest of their team.
- Paul Kusolwa (SAf; lead organizer)
- Prudence Kaijage (SAf Regional Rep)
- Ric Coe (METI)
- Bettina Haussmann (Waf Liaison Scientist)
- Eva Weltzien (WAf)
- Vivian Polar (Andes)
- Rebecca Nelson (CCRP)